Seane Corn on Destiny & Passion

Photo by Steve Rosenfield

Seane Corn spews deep knowledge seemingly effortlessly. It's as if when she speaks she's channeling a higher force. Her talks are a mass of sacred counsel - each sentence carrying its own enormous message. That is the simple magic of Seane Corn.

At this month's Yoga Journal Live in Florida we asked Seane two quick questions on passion, work and destiny. 

You have such depth of knowledge and passion for what you do. How can others tap into that passion for their work?

SEANE CORN: "Everyone has their own individual path and for some people they enter their path with more resistance; some people with more enthusiasm; some people with more questions. I am really excited and enthusiastic about this path. I also get overwhelmed; I get scared. I have a lot of confusion and a lot of questions like everyone else, but it hasn't diminished the passion I still feel.

"I think you can work on that for sure, but I also think it's who you are. I'm a passionate person in general. I am passionate about people, about animals, about the planet. I love life. I'm excited by life. I am grateful for this life, and I also get that with life there's amazing things and there are challenges, and you can't get the amazing things without also having the challenges. And so, when the challenges come up I don't feel punished by life or somehow that life has failed me, it's just the cycle of things. Everything changes and I just want to be present to what is. If you develop more of a spiritual world view it's easier to assign meaning to moments where perhaps in the past those moments would have been overwhelming and scary, and you would have felt punished or ignored by spirit. When you have spiritual context it is easier to see possibility. I live my life in a spiritual context. I believe everything happens the way it's supposed to. I believe that we are here to learn what love is. I believe that the quest of understanding that love is through experiences that require its opposite, and that's just life. Because I have that worldview that God exists in all moments light and dark, it's easy for me to stay passionate, because I know that the end result is more love, more devotion, more connection, and more interdependence, and I want to be a part of that bigger broader understanding."

Did you envision this life for yourself? 

SEANE CORN: "No. It was just destiny, I guess. I just wanted to teach yoga and at that time none of this existed. There were no celebrity yoga teachers and all that crazy stuff. I just taught yoga, and then it evolved and I stayed open to it. I didn't imagine any of this. I'm grateful for it. I'm excited by it. I earned it - in that I worked very, very hard. It's not something that just happened to me. The doors opened, but yet I still cultivated the skills to manage it, to understand it, to learn from it, to grow because it. So it wasn't just luck. It was a combination of destiny, hard work, commitment and going towards that which scares me. All this scares me. The bigness of it scares me. But not enough to prevent me from wanting to go deeper and explore more."

No comments:

Post a Comment